- 2015 – now
- Research assistant, SMIL
- SensoriMotor Integration Lund (SMIL) is a collaborative effort between Lund University, Skåne University Hospital, Malmö University, and Umeå University. We are assessing the utility of a gym-based treatment for patients with persistent neck pain.
- Research assistant, The Department of Pain Rehabilitation, Skåne University Hospital
- Together with supervisors Eva-Maj Malmström and Hans Westergren I studied patients with longstanding whiplash-associated disorders, which has so far resulted in one publication and two posters.
- Research assistant, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University
- As part of a research stipend from the Faculty of Medcine at Lund University, I – under supervision of Eva-Ekvall Hansson and Michael Miller – studied the gait of dizzy, elderly patients. This work resulted in two publications.
- Transcriber, Department of Health Sciences, Lund University
- For a brief period, I worked as a transcriber for a research project within gerontology.
- 2017 – now
- Physical therapist, The Department of Orofacial Pain and Jaw Function, Malmö University
- Clinical work with acupuncture and quantitative assessment of sensory function.
- 2014 – nu
- Physical Therapist, Vårdcentralen Södra Sandby, Region Skåne
- Clinical work at a primary care center in souther Skåne.
- 2016 – nu
- Teacher Assistant, The Department of Health Sciences, Lund University
- I teach anatomy, palpation, and examination skills to students at the medical school of Lund University.
- 2017 – 2018
- Assistant Supervisor, master’s thesis, The Department of Orofacial Pain and Jaw Function, Malmö University
- Supervision of two student’s at the master’s level for a project about biofeedback and posture.
- Gait & Posture (ISSN: 0966-6362)
- Journal of Clinical Interventions in Aging (ISSN: 1178-1998)
- Spine (ISSN: 0362-2436)
See publons.com/a/1299032 for additional information.
- Statistics: Econometry, 7,5 ECTS, Lund university
- Statistics: Time Series Analysis, 7,5 ECTS, Lund university
- Statistics: Statistical theory, 7,5 ECTS, Lund university
- Statistics: Sampling Techniques, 7,5 ECTS, Lund university
- Statistik: Basic Course, 15 ECTS, Lund university
- 2015 – 2017
- Master’s degree in medical science with a major in physical therapy, Lund University
- In my masters thesis I am developing a specialized gym for treating patients with persistent neck pain.
- 2014 – 2015
- Summer research course, 18 ECTS, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
- I worked as a research assistant at a specialized clinic for pain rehabilitation in Lund, which I presented as a poster on EFIC in 2015 and, later, IASP in 2016.
- 2013 – 2014
- Summer research scholarship, 15 ECTS, Faculty of Medicine, Lund University
- As a part of a stipend, I undertook a course in basic academic knowledge.
- 2011 – 2014
- Bachelor Thesis in Physical Therapy, Lund University
- For my bachelor thesis, me and my co-author travelled to Tokyo to interview physical therapists about their professional role and use of technology.
- Orthopedic Manual Therapy, steps 1 & 2
- Sports medicine, step 1
- Basic Body Awareness Therapy, bloc A
- Trigger point therapy
- Course in conducting systematic reviews provided by HTA-0.
1. Larsson J. Mapping physical therapy research: The geographical affiliations and methodological quality of 2,959 randomized controlled trials. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice. 2018 (Accepted for publication);
2. Westergren H, Larsson J, Freeman M, Carlsson A, Jöud A, Malmström E-M. Sex-based differences in pain distribution in a cohort of patients with persistent post-traumatic neck pain. Disability and Rehabilitation. 2017 Jan; doi: 10.1080/09638288.2017.1280543
3. Larsson J, Miller M, Ekvall Hansson E. Vestibular asymmetry increases double support time variability in a counter-balanced study on elderly fallers. Gait & Posture. 2016 Mar;45:31–4. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2015.12.023
4. Larsson J, Ekvall Hansson E, Miller M. Increased double support variability in elderly female fallers with vestibular asymmetry. Gait Posture. 2015 Mar;41(3):820–4. doi: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2015.02.019
5. Larsson J, Malmström E-M, Westergren H, Häggman-Henrikson B. Exercise therapy for whiplash-associated disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis. (Manuscript in preparation).
6. Larsson J, Ilgunas A, Häggman-Henrikson B, Wänman A, Westergren H, Malmström E-M. The feasibility of gym-based exercise therapy for patients with persistent neck pain. (Manuscript in preparation).
7. Åkerblom S, Larsson J, Malmström E-M, Persson E, Westergren H. Pain-related acceptance: A factor to consider in persistent pain after neck trauma. (Manuscript in preparation).
8. Larsson J. Gym-based exercise therapy for patients with persistent neck pain: A research protocol for a randomized controlled trial [Master’s thesis]. [Lund, Sweden]: Lund university; 2017.
9. Najafi D, Larsson J. The Professional Role and Technology Use Among Physical Therapists in Tokyo: A Qualitative Interview Study [Bachelor thesis]. [Lund, Sweden]: Lund University; 2014.
10. Larsson J, Westergren H, Häggman-Henrikson B, Malmström E-M. Gym-based Exercise Therapy for Patients With Persistent Neck Pain. In: Pain in Europe X: Bringing Pain Relief to All Patients. Copenhagen, Denmark: EFIC; 2017.
11. Larsson J, Westergren H, Malmström E-M. Pain distribution after neck traumas: An analysis of 745 consecutive patients with persistent neck pain. In: IASP 2016: The World Congress on Pain. Yokohama, Japan: IASP; 2016.
12. Westergren H, Larsson J, Malmström E-M. Pain distribution in 745 consecutive patients with persistent pain after whiplash trauma. In: EFIC 2015: Translating evidence into practice. Vienna, Austria: EFIC; 2015.
13. Larsson J, Westergren H, Häggman-Henrikson B, Malmström E-M. SensoriMotor Integration Lund - the SMIL gym: A supervised exercise program for patients with persistent neck pain. In: Svenskt Smärtforum 2016. Jönköping, Sweden: Svenskt Smärtforum; 2016.
14. Larsson J. A letter to the editor regarding “Serratus anterior or pectoralis minor: Which muscle has the upperhand during protraction exercises?” Manual Therapy. 2016 Aug;24:e1. doi: 10.1016/j.math.2016.04.002
- Area-Proportional Euler Diagrams with Ellipses, https://github.com/jolars/eulerr
- Automatic Generation of Qualitative Color Palettes, https://github.com/jolars/qualpalr
Software and programming knowledge
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Office